Listen and Follow
View the Recording Session
In this episode, we have someone who can help us learn more about agencies and marketing in general through the lenses of ability and honesty.
- Doug, I hear that you are a writer at heart, so how did that spark your journey to where you are today?
- How can a business looking to work with a marketing agency be confident that this agency has roots in the type of content that they need and that they don’t get fooled by the “Full Service Content Agency”?
- What are your thoughts on A.I. in the content creation process? The good and bad.
- Tell me more about your thoughts on your definition of a Great Content Brand.
- In your slideshare on the topic you gave Six Principles of Great Content Brands, can you mention a few of those principles.
When it comes to marketing agencies, I work on both sides of the fence. I work within large organizations that hire agencies around the world. I also operate an agency. What I see too often, is agencies that sell services when the agency knows it will be a stretch for them to actually deliver.
- What do you think companies should do to avoid hiring agencies who aren’t insanely honest?
- What can agencies do better to be more honest when marketing their services?
- When it comes to creating Honest marketing, what do you say to organizations who have no interest in saying anything besides “Our product is the Best” because ‘why even address the flaws… our customers can do that’?
Thanks for listening to The Business of Marketing podcast.
Feel free to contact the hosts and ask additional questions, we would love to answer them on the show.
Producing a podcast is only one part of your overall podcast strategy. The most important question that you should ask as a podcaster, especially if your podcast is tied to your business, is…“What actions do you want your podcast listeners to take when they find your podcast?”
Gini Dietrich and I dive into both Marketing and PR to discuss the intersections of the two and if they are perhaps growing into the same thing in the modern digital world, Gini’s role and expertise as the Founder, CEO, and author of Spin Sucks – a digital marketing agency and book, her creation of the PESO model, digital media, and more.
Darrell Evans and I discuss the concept of “full-service” marketing agencies, Darrell’s role and expertise as the Co-Founder and CEO of Yokel Local – a digital marketing agency, growth marketing as a service niche, internet marketing, and more.