Listen and Follow
View the Recording Session
Public Relations, Influence Marketing, and right-out Endorsements.
Sometimes it can be hard to tell them apart.
This is in part because of shifts in “who we trust”, how brands communicate to their consumers, as well as the channels in which marketing content is distributed.
Today my guest is Jason Falls. Jason is a leading digital strategist, author, speaker, and thinker in the digital and social media marketing industry.
As an award-winning strategist, he has been noted as a top influencer in the social technology and marketing space by publications such as Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Advertising Age.
He has worked on marketing strategies for brands such as GE Appliances, General Motors, AT&T, Humana, and many others.
- Jason, what is the difference between influencer marketing and influence marketing?
- How would you communicate to a company to create their own media to support their influence?
- In an era of Influence Marketing, where does traditional PR stand?
- Tell me where you would start and some things to consider if you are tasked with utilizing Influence Marketing for this company.
- Where do you start there with Influence Marketing?
- So, given that the term has been beaten to death and overused, do you think that companies have gotten the idea and moved the needle any closer to being authentic?
- Is there a grey area between influence and endorsement – and can an influencer go too far with what they associate themselves with?
- Can you tell us about 1 or 2 and how these platforms work?
- What can readers expect to learn from your book?
Thanks for listening to The Business of Marketing podcast.
Feel free to contact the hosts and ask additional questions, we would love to answer them on the show.
Producing a podcast is only one part of your overall podcast strategy. The most important question that you should ask as a podcaster, especially if your podcast is tied to your business, is…“What actions do you want your podcast listeners to take when they find your podcast?”
Gini Dietrich and I dive into both Marketing and PR to discuss the intersections of the two and if they are perhaps growing into the same thing in the modern digital world, Gini’s role and expertise as the Founder, CEO, and author of Spin Sucks – a digital marketing agency and book, her creation of the PESO model, digital media, and more.
Darrell Evans and I discuss the concept of “full-service” marketing agencies, Darrell’s role and expertise as the Co-Founder and CEO of Yokel Local – a digital marketing agency, growth marketing as a service niche, internet marketing, and more.