Listen and Follow
View the Recording Session
There is an opportunity at a corporate level to benefit from personal brands. How does a company establish a personal and human voice?
- Tell us about your new book, The Cumulative Advantage. Why and how does it relate to marketing?
- How can we apply the knowledge from your book to business and marketing? For example, in the book you discuss having advantage. Some maybe don’t recognize that they have an advantage, but if they do recognize that, how do they build upon it?
- How to innovate yourself enough to put yourself out of business, meaning how to have/offer the next thing your customers need to fulfill their needs.
- In your recent book, you discuss unfair advantages and while reading the book I noticed these unfair advantages were actually privileges. People don’t like to acknowledge privilege and in your book you don’t avoid it. You address it and avoid the controversy, but you didn’t avoid the existence of it and I commend that. Tell us more about that.
- If I were to summarize your books, they all incorporate marketing and personal branding. What do you think about the idea of being known today in 2022 and how has it changed? How have the ideas of having a personal brand changed?
Thanks for listening to The Business of Marketing podcast.
Feel free to contact the hosts and ask additional questions, we would love to answer them on the show.
Chris Wallace and I talk about the parallels between marketing and customer experience, Chris’s brand consultancy agency – InnerView Group, how marketers should use data to guide their go-to-market strategies, and the value and effects of internal marketing and branding.
Mark Kaigwa and I chat about digital marketing in Africa compared to the global perspective, Mark’s strategy and storytelling consultancy – Nendo, how marketers can drive their digital initiatives, and what marketing trends we need to focus on in 2022.
Ahava Leibtag and I talk about the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a specialized marketing agency, Ahava’s content marketing consultancy – Aha Media Group, content marketing, the importance of repurposing content, and podcasting.