Listen and Follow
View the Recording Session
How does Seth Godin express thoughts with such confidence that they become quotable?
In this episode of the Business of Marketing podcast, Seth Godin and I talk about delivering thoughts with confidence, the definition of marketing, and some of the things that marketers might be getting wrong today.
- Aside from the tremendous amount of content from you or about you on the web, I want to know, how does Seth Godin describe himself?
- Seth, I believe that you have a different view of how to define marketing than most, so tell us how you define it and some of the flaws in how others define it.
- What are some of the ways that organizations might miss the mark on their targeting?
- I want to understand your thoughts behind coming up with a concept or idea, and then standing behind that idea until it’s one that your peers begin to quote and people begin to write about.
- How does one gain such confidence in your own thoughts that you are able to deliver those thoughts as something that is worth becoming a quotable?
- To do that, don’t you have to accept that many people may claim that you’re wrong or will simply disagree with you?
- What do you say to creative people who may be holding back on their full potential because they are taking a safer route?
- Is that anything like what this idea addresses?
- What can you share with us about the impact that focus and intention can have?
- Do you think ground-breaking ideas and leaps of business growth ever come from analyzing what has already happened?
- So why podcasting and what is your intention behind the Akimbo podcast?
Thanks for listening to The Business of Marketing podcast.
Feel free to contact the hosts and ask additional questions, we would love to answer them on the show.
Chris Wallace and I talk about the parallels between marketing and customer experience, Chris’s brand consultancy agency – InnerView Group, how marketers should use data to guide their go-to-market strategies, and the value and effects of internal marketing and branding.
Mark Kaigwa and I chat about digital marketing in Africa compared to the global perspective, Mark’s strategy and storytelling consultancy – Nendo, how marketers can drive their digital initiatives, and what marketing trends we need to focus on in 2022.
Ahava Leibtag and I talk about the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a specialized marketing agency, Ahava’s content marketing consultancy – Aha Media Group, content marketing, the importance of repurposing content, and podcasting.