Listen and Follow
View the Recording Session
And within that, we have a social element. How do we inject our marketing into the conversations that our consumers have with each other?
As a writer, he helps professionals cultivate a deeper understanding of who they are and why they do the work they do — their values and purpose.
I discovered his solid advice to Marketing and Business Professionals through his articles on BusinessGrow.com and am delighted to welcome as a guest on the podcast – Keith Jennings!
Keith, you have an article on BusinessGrow.com that I really like. In that article – You say that “Businesses hire marketing to do a variety of jobs – such as brand awareness, lead generation, SEO, and more.
- Can you walk us through those jobs of Marketing beyond the FUNCTIONAL jobs that we are accustomed to marketing delivering?
- So, What are some other tips you can provide to help marketers and their execs – as well as marketers and their agencies better align their expectations?
- Please share your definition of Social Objects with us.
- How can Marketers create and utilize social objects for their brands? (Some examples?)
- So maybe we should define these systems of thinking for our audience first.
- How are marketers subject to System 1 and System 2 thinking and how can System one thinking be a mistake?
- As a Marketer, I’ve always operated by Steve Krug’s “Don’t Make Me Think” approach by not making the content consumer think more than they need to in order to receive a message. So in that light, does System 1 Thinking still have its place in Marketing?
Thanks for listening to The Business of Marketing podcast.
Feel free to contact the hosts and ask additional questions, we would love to answer them on the show.
Chris Wallace and I talk about the parallels between marketing and customer experience, Chris’s brand consultancy agency – InnerView Group, how marketers should use data to guide their go-to-market strategies, and the value and effects of internal marketing and branding.
Mark Kaigwa and I chat about digital marketing in Africa compared to the global perspective, Mark’s strategy and storytelling consultancy – Nendo, how marketers can drive their digital initiatives, and what marketing trends we need to focus on in 2022.
Ahava Leibtag and I talk about the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a specialized marketing agency, Ahava’s content marketing consultancy – Aha Media Group, content marketing, the importance of repurposing content, and podcasting.