Listen and Follow
View the Recording Session
- So please share with us how your experience in social led into Digital Marketing, and how that supports your approach to helping businesses today.
Neal, as someone who has studied social for years from a business standpoint. I’m sure you’ve seen a lot of evolution in both the “view” of the importance in social media as well as the technology stacks behind it.
- For the marketers listening, which do you think is most important to understand… The “WHY” portion of social – OR – the more technical (and always changing) “HOW” to do social?
There was a time when Social and Digital could be interchangeable when talking about Marketing. And while Social is a “part” of Digital, they are not the same.
- Do you think some organizations still struggle to separate the two?
Neal, let’s talk a bit more about your role as a Fractional CMO.
- In what kind of situations might an organization be when they look for a Fractional CMO as opposed to having someone in-house?
Earlier I mentioned that (in my opinion) the best CMO’s have a strong technical background that is paired with leadership skills and experience.
- Which do you see companies lacking the most in their CMO’s? Understanding of how to lead a Marketing organization – OR – understanding the technical aspects that are critical to today’s digital landscape?
Let me ask you, on a scale from 1-10, when you get the chance to peer inside of a mid to large size company to examine their digital marketing maturity:
- Where would you say most companies think they are (on a scale of 1-10) versus where they actually are on that scale?
Neal, we both regularly have large speaking engagements, and I know you do a lot of Keynote speaking around the world.
For me, I get some of the best questions from people when they approach me just after I walk off stage.
- Can you share with us any interesting moments or regular questions that you have received after giving a keynote?
Well Neal, I am tremendously grateful for your time and insights today. Before we go, please tell us where to find you, your blog, your books, and maybe even catch you speaking.
Thanks for listening to The Business of Marketing podcast.
Feel free to contact the hosts and ask additional questions, we would love to answer them on the show.
Producing a podcast is only one part of your overall podcast strategy. The most important question that you should ask as a podcaster, especially if your podcast is tied to your business, is…“What actions do you want your podcast listeners to take when they find your podcast?”
Gini Dietrich and I dive into both Marketing and PR to discuss the intersections of the two and if they are perhaps growing into the same thing in the modern digital world, Gini’s role and expertise as the Founder, CEO, and author of Spin Sucks – a digital marketing agency and book, her creation of the PESO model, digital media, and more.
Darrell Evans and I discuss the concept of “full-service” marketing agencies, Darrell’s role and expertise as the Co-Founder and CEO of Yokel Local – a digital marketing agency, growth marketing as a service niche, internet marketing, and more.